Example: I am getting dressed this morning. I hear yelling in the living room. I believe the arguement started over a game of balloon volleyball. But quickly turned into name calling and I don't want to be your friend and quickly escalated into two kids running to my room tattle telling on the other.
Now, I grew up with two brothers. So, I understand this all too well. I also know that this is only the beginning. We have to seperate them quite a bit and I usually see the battle when it is brewing and stop it before it ever gets a chance to get started. But as I sit and listen- I think back to my little brother and how we were just like them. Ryan and I sounded just like the two of them. I think this lasted all the way through High School. One day, I guess we were just all grown up and now he is really like my best friend. I look forward to seeing him and spending time with him. I think...One Day- they will be just like me and Ryan. They will make all of these memories and they will have good ones and bad ones. One day they will be sitting somewhere watching their children playing together- saying do you remember when we were that little. You used to drive me nuts. But they will be so thankful that they have each other. I am thankful everyday that I have a brother to share things with. I think it is great to have a sibling that you know will be there when you go through tough times and to share all of your joys with you, too. I don't know that I realized when I was younger how much I would appreciate him when I was this age.
So, I take this stage in the kids life as part of growing up. I know in the end they will be just as thankful that they have each other as I am that I have my little brother!
3 comments:
"Ryan writing" Ashley is in tears and you almost had me in tears!! That is so sweet and I'm thankful everyday that I have you!! If you every need me to save you from drowning like Six Pack, you know I'm there for you!!
awwww....that's so sweet...yep...there were times when you two fought like cats and dogs...it was the oldest two against the youngest...the boys against the girl or the youngest two against the oldest. It always makes me so happy that you two grew up so close. And now, lookie here...you live just a few minutes from each other...who'd have ever thunk it???!! lol
Ryan, That cracks me up. I was thinking of the Six Pack story when I was writing this. Good memories! Ha!
Post a Comment