My kids have always amused me at their inability to keep a secret or tell a lie. If they try to say something is true and it is not - it is written all over their face. They usually just come right out and tell me secrets or give it away when they don't even know they are.
When they clean their rooms: Natalie hides everything under her bed and Nathan hides everything in his closet. But they always give away that they are doing this. I always ask them to clean their room like Mommy is cleaning it- I will come check it when they are done. Nathan will ask me if I am going to look in the closet. AKA that is where I want to put everything. Natalie will shove everything under her bed and say she is done. I will ask if she is ready for me to come look at it and she will ask me if I am going to check under her bed. Silly kids- just give themselves away.
With Mother's Day being tomorrow- they both have projects they have done at school to give to me. When I picked Nate up from school on Thursday- he told me he has a secret and it is about Mother's Day. I told him that he better not tell me then. A minute later he starts to tell me that he has a secret and it is in his back pack so when we get home I can not look in his room because that is where he is going to put it. He has reminded me every day that it is in there. Natalie brought hers home yesterday and she told me- I have something in my backpack and you can not look in it. They just give it away! If only it was going to be this easy when they become teenagers!
So, I thought that I had this one thing on them. I could tell anytime they were being sneaky or not telling the truth. A few nights ago- Nathan really wanted dessert but did not want to eat his dinner. So, he asked if he could go to the bathroom in the middle of eating. I said yes. Turns out he took a handful of carrots and grapes and threw them in the trash can! I asked him if he did that. He looked me straight in the eyes and said No. I asked him if he wanted to change his story and he did end up confessing. But it opened my eyes to this new world of challenges that are soon to come. What will happen when they are teenagers and the sneaking becomes about more than throwing grapes away in a bathroom trash can or secrets that are more than hiding a mother's day gift in their bedroom?
I have to cherish how innocent they are at this age!
女性が欲しい指輪
10 years ago
1 comment:
We are always thrilled at the progresses our children make...they learn to walk, then jump, then skip, they go from learning one word to stringing together sentences, they learn to tie their shoes, they learn to use manners...but we forget they learn things along the way that we are not as happy about, they learn to hit, they learn take, they learn to lie. Testing boundries to see what you are allowed to get away with is so much a part of the journey. Just as children test and learn, so do we as parents get carried along for the adventures. You and Paul are excellent role models and you will teach them by example (and, unfortunately, inevitably, punishment, too) right from wrong...it is just another opportunity to shine.
Post a Comment