Saturday, May 29, 2010

It is just hair!

Before...




Natalie has been asking me for about a year now if she could cut her hair short. I have been avoiding it. Natalie has very fine, hair and it has taken us soooo long to grow her hair to what I consider long for her. She has all of this curl in her hair and her hair always looks very stringy, like she has not run a brush through it all day. But up to this year- all she has ever talked about is having long hair.
So, I have been promising her when summer starts we will go get her hair cut. I wanted her to make it through the dance recital because last year we have to pull it up in a bun...so I thought it would be easier if we kept it long. Turns out she didn't do a bun this year. So, yesterday was the last day of school. Natalie asked that morning if we could go get her hair cut after school was out. So, I gave in. I took her to one of those cheap hair cut places...thinking we were going to just cut it up to her shoulders...no big deal all- all one length. WRONG!! Had I known what was about to take place- I would have taken her to my hair stylist! I may have ben more prepared and not freaked out so much!
Natalie proceeds to completely change everything while she is talking to the stylist. I went into panic mode. I understand in perspective this is just hair. However, that is my baby girl in that chair and she is about to cut all of her long blond curls off! After trying to talk her out of it with no luck- we went for it.
This was followed by me shedding a few tears, making a panic call to Paul and then a few very panic text messages to Ashley! I paced through the entire hair cut. I was shaking and really thought I would be sick. You would have thought she was having a life altering procedure done or something!
Well after all of that, Natalie was right. The hair cut is so cut. I really love it and SHE loves it. I feel like she is 7 and she can make these decisions for herself now. I am so happy we did it. Although, I though I was going to have an anxiety attack before it was all over!
Natalie can not stop touching her hair and brushing it and looking at herself. I think it was a great decision!

After...


2 comments:

Gail said...

I can't wait to see it in person on Monday...it looks so cute!

Ashley said...

I absolutely LOVE her hair!!! So darn cute!!!