Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I must have blinked, my kids have grown overnight...

Every year around this time- I buy new summer clothes and shoes for the kids. Every year it amazes me how much they have grown since Christmas. You see, my kids are very fortunate to be blessed with lots of family that love to spoil them. So, they usually get lots of clothes at Christmas time and that gets them through until Late Spring/Early Summer. But about this time- we go through all of their shorts, swimsuits, etc from the previous summer and take them to Goodwill and then go shopping for new stuff.
I get all weepy when I see the clothes from the previous year. I think 'where did the time go'- when did you outgrow all of this! I was buying Natalie a dress and shoes for Easter. She was not with me, so I naturally went to the last size I bought her. Coincidentally, this was on her birthday. That evening, I had her try it all on. NOTHING fit. I asked her when she grew. She said, "Mom it IS my Birthday- I am 7 now". Like she literally grew overnight! But that is really how it feels. Like you blink and they grow. They are a size or two bigger, they are reading entire books to you or they are graduating from Preschool. Where does the time go? I always say that I am going to appreciate every moment- because it goes by so quickly. But even when you do- the time still seems to fly right past you!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I remember holding both of them in the hospital on the day they were born!!! How are they 5 and 7??? Makes me feel old too!!!

Gail said...

ain't it the truth??? makes me sad too...all of the babies are getting so big...