Monday, May 17, 2010

Dance Recital and Flowers



I am completely convinced that Natalie's full purpose for dancing the entire year is so that she can wear a pretty costume with makeup the day of recital and get lots of pretty flowers! She gets so excited about the thought of flowers just for her. She is my girlie girl!!

2007-2008 Dance year



2008-2009 Dance year




2009-2010 Dance year




Recital was this past Saturday and it is always such a long day. They do dress rehersal in the morning for 4-5 hours, come home and rest for a couple of hours, get dolled all up again and head to Rudder on the A&M Campus for the big show. I was very upset that I did not get to be there for Natalie's dress rehersal this year. But God has blesssed me with the best sister in law in the world! She spent the entire day with Natalie. Picked her up at 8am, stayed with her throughout all of rehersal, got her lunch, brought her home and then came to the recital. Wow...we love Aunt Ashley! From the minute Natalie was born Aunt Ashley instantly loved Natalie. From the moment Natalie could walk she would run past everyone to get to her Aunt Ashley. It is so neat that they share such a special bond. So, I felt okay with the fact that if I could not be there- Aunt Ashley was there for her...loving every minute of it!

*** I would put a picture of Ashley and Natalie right here...but Ashley might kill me for posting a picture of her on my Blog!**

Now, I get to watch Natalie at dance class each week through a TV screen (they have cameras in each classroom). But the night of the show was the first time for me to see the actual performance in full costume and all. I was so proud! Natalie did fantastic. She has grown leaps and bounds with her dancing skills. And the dance was very HER. She really got into it and was very much herself up on the stage.

She seems to be in her element. She would run backstage before each of her dances and she would beat everyone back there She would put on her lipstick before each dance and touch up her eyeshadow...hello- the make up is a big part of the show. And then she would be ready to go!

The funniest part of the night was while she was watching the other girl's dance to Party in The USA...she was sitting next to me dancing with moves I had never seen before. I almost could not contain myself, I was laughing so hard. She's got rhythm, that is for sure!

I love dance recital day. And the best news is...she decided to dance next year. She will be taking just a ballet class in the fall! So, she is very excited because the ballet classes get such pretty costumes. That's my girl- all about the accessories!




2 comments:

Ashley said...

You made me cry! Natalie did fantastic and I am so glad she has decided to dance next year! I will keep my fingers crossed for a big tutu!!! She is my special girl, and I love her so much!

****Thank you for not putting a picture of me on your blog!!!****

Gail said...

she looked beautiful and she danced wonderfully. Takes me back to you being a little girl and up on that stage dancing. (By the way, you were all about the make-up, too!...wonder where she got that?)