Monday, May 3, 2010

Family Photo Shoot



So, you would think because my mom is a photographer and lives 5 minutes down the road from us that I would have an over abundance of professional family photos....WRONG. When it comes to scheduling family photos, I am the world's worst procrastinator! Well, we moved into our new house in October and I told my mom that I wanted to do family photos because I have a perfect wall for family photos. It is now May and we finally took our pictures...OOPS!

We scheduled pictures for Friday and Paul ended up in Houston working late. So, plan B - Sunday morning. We all woke up and got dressed. I realized Nathan's shirt was way too big. So, he luckily had a shirt that matched us and still fit...just barely. We headed out to downtown Bryan for our photo session.

I sat on the curb before the photo session started and sat in ants. I literally had ants in my pants. The kids thought this was hilarious. I had to dig in my pants to wipe ants out- gross!! But it got it off to a funny start. The kids started out ready to take pictures- but everyone was so stiff and serious. I thought this should be interesting. It is my own fault for not taking pictures often enough.
But after a while we really got into it. My mom came up with the idea of having the kids pose themselves. She would count to 6 and the kids had to switch poses. It really relaxed everyone and made for some great pictures. What I found really amusing is that any time the kids were kissed for a picture or she said kiss mom or kiss dad- The kids thought that was so funny. As you can see by the two "kissy" photos below, the expressions on the kid's faces are priceless!

By the end of the session: Nate had a meltdown, Natalie hurt her leg and cried, Paul yawned about 100 times and I had a case of 'wow, is that really what I look like?' So, needless to say it was an adventure.

I love my pictures, the session was a lot of fun and I can't wait to see all of our pictures. Maybe next time I won't wait so long...huh, Mom?

So, Here is a sneak peak of the photos so far...there are more coming:






3 comments:

Gail said...

the count and move technique worked like a charm...they were all giggling. Can't wait to get through the rest of them....thank you so much for letting me do this...let's don't wait so long next time! Love you all! Mom

Ashley said...

I am proud of you for finally taking family photos! You all looked beautiful!!!

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.