Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer is here..Big Changes

This is the last week of school for Natalie. So, summer is officially upon is. For some reason in the past week the realization that I am about to have 2 children in grade school has hit me so hard. My little girl will be in 2nd grade and my baby will be starting kindergarten.
On one hand, I am so proud of them. On the other hand, I want to scream NO! I can not be this old and I want those sweet little babies back! I am excited about this new stage in life- just not fully ready to accept that we have moved past that stage in our life where we have babies! This is such a milestone for our family. And it got here so quickly.
We were sitting around the dining room table Friday night having game night. As Paul and Natalie (the puzzle hogs as we have re-named them) were putting together the last bit of Natalie's puzzle and Nate and I were playing Go Fish, I just stopped and watched for a minute in amazement. I can remember when Nate was a baby and Natalie was potty training and thinking that no one ever tells you about that part of parenting. Jut dreaming of the day that we had no more diapers and potty training and bottles. Paul and I have learned so much in the last 7 years as parents. So, much that no one ever tells you or feelings that no one can ever explain.
This is no exception. The feelings you have when you become the parent of two school aged children and you no longer have a baby in daycare or preschool.

First thought is wow I am old. Second thought is Pay Day- no more daycare cost!! Third thought is we have just left behind the first stage of parenting together and we have entered a new phase of parenting.

I am so breathtakingly blessed to be a mom to two of the most amazing children and to have such a great husband to share all of our milestones with.

I am learning to accept that maybe I really am 30 something and I have left behind my 20's and the time that we were having babies and raising babies and moved on to an even more exciting time in our life full of its own new set of challenges and amazement for us.
I count my blessings every day and know that we have so many more milestones ahead. Gosh, what will I do when they leave home for college??

1 comment:

Gail said...

Very exciting time...but I wouldn't quite start worrying about college yet...at least 10 more years and many more milestones to encounter before then...lol Love you and proud for all of you.