Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our little man graduates!




Nathan is an official preschool graduate. He had a ceremony with cap and gown and walked across the stage and received his diploma on Thursday.
The director said that our children have accomplished so much and this day is for them. They have worked on numbers, letters, phonics, history, geography, science, art, Spanish, music, sign language, and so much more. Look at how much they have accomplished this year.
It is so true. I look at how much Nathan has grown and changed and how much he has learned and I am so proud of him. Graduation is such a milestone. Nathan was born after his due date and it seems that from birth he has done everything on "Nathan Time." He was always quiet, he walked a little later and talked a little later. I guess because of all we have been through with Nathan, I have always babied him a little more.

As I sat at my conference with his teacher Thursday morning and she told me of all he has accomplished and how outgoing he is. How he listens and follows direction so well. He is the first to take a leadership role with his classmates. He socializes well with all of the kids and he is always volunteering to help the teacher. He is so eager to learn and take in everything that they are doing. He loves his music class and loves to sing and perform. I just beamed. I realized how far he really has come and how ready he is for the next big step...KINDERGARTEN!!

As he walked in with his cap and gown and the graduation music played. I could not help but fill up with pride. That is my baby boy! I was so proud for him. I thought of all we had been through with him and how each step of the way they said he will outgrow all of this someday. In that moment that day was here. He was no longer the baby with squeaky breathing, the baby that could not hear, the baby with a low immune system, the baby that would walk into the CT scan room and greet everyone because he had been there so often. No, he was the big boy that had overcome all of that and that day that everyone told me about was here. He had outgrown it all and he caught up to everyone and he was walking across the stage. As I wiped a tear away...I just beamed with joy! But nothing beat the smile on his face and how much he beamed!

Way to go my little man!!


2 comments:

Gail said...

crying...

Ashley said...

He is a big boy and come a long way! We love him very much!!!