So, I got my inspiration for this blog post from another blog I read. So, sorry...I am going to use it for my update today. It said something to me and inspired me to write my own story of our "lasts" because it is exactly what we have been going through.
Over the past few weeks I have found myself constantly telling Paul..."this will be the last time..." My ever so optimistic husband would always follow it with "but it will be the first time for..." Love that he is such a glass half full kind of guy. Keeps me positive!
So, it was the last time that Nate would be in pre-school. Which means that it was our last time at The Sonshine School. I love that school. I attended the A&M Church of Christ when I was in college and when we decided to move back...it was the first place I called. I was sold on them the minute I called but sent mom over to check it out for me (we were still in Round Rock). She snapped a few pictures and that was it. Papers signed and Nate was enrolled! We love the Sonshine school. So, we were a little sad to leave it behind. But with all the sadness is the silver lining. A very excited 5 1/2 year old little boy that can't wait to start kindergarten. He can't wait to be at the big kid school just like Natalie. I know that it is a great last because it brings the blessing of a very special first!
It was the last day of 1st grade for Natalie. Which meant it was the last day at Forest Ridge for us. This was a very sad day for me. I actually found myself walking through the school wanting to say...goodbye classroom, goodbye teachers, goodbye gym, goodbye cafeteria, you get the point. We LOVED everything about that school. It was one of the main reasons we moved to College Station. But again with all lasts, comes a first. Natalie is so excited about starting at a new school in the fall. She sees it as an opportunity to be somewhere new and exciting. To meet new friends and new teachers and hello...New Kids Klub Counselors!! We are very excited about starting at the new school and Nathan will have his first day of kindergarten there and Natalie will be a big 2nd grader- what could be more exciting??
We had other lasts: Last T-Ball game. Not too sad to see that one come to an end. As exciting as it was, it was not quite the experience we were hoping for. I was happy that Paul had a chance to be so involved, though. Hopefully, next Spring will be more what we were hoping for.
Last day of dance which brings Recital, yay!! And then a break from the long year and we will start again in the Fall. We love our studio!
We welcome all of these lasts because they always bring new firsts and new adventures.
We are planning our first trip to Disney World, which will be our first official family vacation and with any luck the first time the kids get to fly. We will have our first day at the new school, our first day of Kindergarten, first day of second grade. And we have the entire summer to see what other firsts come our way.
With all of the opportunities for our first new adventures come more blessings. We are a little sad when we have our lasts, but thankful we are here to celebrate all of the firsts, as well!
女性が欲しい指輪
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment