
It has been almost 2 years since we moved out of our house in Round Rock. So hard to believe that much time has already past. I can still remember the day we were leaving for College Station and I just broke down crying. As ready as I was to move, I had so many memories in that house. It was our first house. We found out we were pregnant the week we were closing on the house. We told Paul's parents about being pregnant the day we moved in! That is the house that we brought both babies home to. We were in that house for over 5 years! It held a lot of special memories for us. As I looked into the kids empty rooms on moving Day, I remember thinking the kids will not even remember this house.
Well, that became a reality today. Paul was taking the kids to Burnet and as they drove through Round Rock the kids never really said anything- like "we are in Round Rock" or "that is where the park or pool are". Paul drove to the house to look at it and the kids did not even recognize it. After two years, they have forgotten their first home! I thought it would take longer- but even my little Doodlebug that remembers EVERYTHING- said that she did not recognize it. Paul said "this is our house in Round Rock" and the kids said "it is?".
It actually made me quite sad to hear that! But life does go on. And we are making new memories in our new home of College Station. While they kids have quickly forgotten- I don't think I will ever forget any of the details of our first home. The home that my babies learned to crawl, walk, and talk in!
Our First Home.

The Kids and Poppy Eating breakfast in our empty house on moving day.
2 comments:
It is so crazy to think that they don't remember! I still remember my first house that I lived in until I was 6, before we moved to Cy-Fair...I remember my room and the sliding back door...weird, huh?!
A lot has happened in the last two years, and they are busy taking in all of the wonderful new memories!
When you called to tell us this on Sunday...Mike and I were just incredulous....I can believe that perhaps Nathan had forgotten...he was only three...but as you said, Natalie, who remembers EVERYTHING...just so hard to believe. Like Ashley said, they have had a lot to take in the last few years...a lot of wonderful new memories to remember. And, no, you never will forget.
Post a Comment