I started P90X about 2 weeks ago. I have been working my tail end off. It is the most intense workout I have ever done...besides 2-a-days in High school with no A/C...that was pretty intense!
I have been getting a little frustrated the last couple of days. I have devoted everything to this; meaning diet and exercise. The diet part does not come easily to me. I tend to under eat...which means no results. Crazy thing. Who would have thought you could work your butt off, not eat and not lose a single pound. That is really how it works. You have to eat to lose!
So, I started thinking that I just can not look at the scale daily it is too frustrating. But today, I opened up a magazine and read the editor's letter and it spoke to me. Like it was written just for me. The title was Nonscale Victories.
She said I am not a number on a scale. I am me from the inside and out. And though your age, weight, hairstyle, job title and address change- the most important evolution takes place in the parts of you that other's can't see at a glance: your passions and interests, what is most meaningful to you.
Wow- that just spoke right to me!
I am not defined by the age on my driver's license or the number in my bank account. Nor should I be defined by the number on the scale. None of that matters. I want to be defined by who and what I love- which drives what I do, when I do it and how I do it. I am driven by being a wife, mother and friend. Yes, I care about how I look, but how I feel is more important. Exercise and eating right makes me feel strong both physically and mentally. I am inspired by those around me. My children and their love for life inspires me daily. Their infectious smiles and innocence is an inspiration to me. My Husband inspires me. My family inspires me. None of these people could be summed up by a number. Nor should I! Life should be measured through endeavors and successes. I want to continue to be inspired by the people around me.
She summed up the article by saying THINK: What and Who do I want to be today, next Thursday and a year from today. Don't give it a number...Give it a name.
I think we could all benefit from the think portion of her article and giving our goals a name not a number!
I want to be happy, healthy, full of energy, inspired, inspirational and the best wife, mom and friend that I can possibly be!
女性が欲しい指輪
10 years ago
4 comments:
love you!! you go girl!!
so very true~ great words of wisdom!
Awesome way to put life into perspective!
Was that in glamour? I read that same article! so true but we need to remind ourselves too often.
Post a Comment