Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome Our New Edition!


Yes, I have lost my mind. We adopted a new puppy last week. The kids have appropriately named him Gunner, after hearing he is hunting dog. Gunner has quickly found a place in our home and our hearts.

Gunner is a German Shorthaired Pointer (probably a mix, but we don't know with what!). He is a very cute puppy. At two months he has shown us that he is very affectionate, eager to please, tender at heart and ready to be the kid's best friend! He is curious about Trouble(our cat)- Trouble not so much about him. He wants to be Bailey's buddy. Bailey is not so sure that would be a good idea...grumpy old dog!!

What I have learned of this breed is they were bred as a hunting, pointer, retriever to work well in all terrain and hard workers in water. They are a dog that is intended to be a family companion to both adults and children. They are eager to learn from a young age and very eager to please. They have high energy and need an outlet for that energy!

We are currently crate training which comes with it's own challenges: Like Paul and I losing lots of sleep at night! But we think he is well worth it (I tell myself this at 3am when he needs to go outside!).

The kids have willing accepted full responsibility for him. Which I think is great for them. He has quickly become the family companion!



No comments: