So, it is official! I have become an old woman. I did nothing more than sneeze and my back went completely out! I could not move! It was quite scary, painful and well humiliating all in one. I realized in that moment that I am no longer in my 20's! While I am learning to embrace my 30's- this is a big set back!
I spent the last two days laying flat on my back with very little activity. The kids have been quite the troopers. Helping me around the house and being very well behaved. Although, with Paul working very late hours the last couple of days- I did have to call for reinforcements last night. Thank goodness for Poppy! He took the kids for a LONG walk and to play at the park. The kids did provide some comic relief for me. Thursday, I was trying to get up from the couch (not an easy task) to make them lunch. Both kids sat and stared at me as the ordeal to get up began. Both looked at each other and then Natalie said- "Nate, I don't think she is going to make it." Nate replied-"Yep, Natalie, Not going to happen." Natalie told me watching me move was like watching a movie in slow motion. Gee, thanks kids! It was quite humorous!
The kids really came through the two days like troopers. Being stuck inside all day is really no fun! I am up on my feet and actually at work today. I am still taking it easy- but hope to be fully recovered soon.
The biggest bummer of all was that I was supposed to go to Manvel to see a few High School/College Friends and catch up and let all of the kids play together. And Gringo's for dinner with Dad and Nan was calling my name. I was so very bummed that I did not get to go. But there was definitely no driving that was going to happen Thursday. Just walking to the bathroom from the living room was a big task to tackle!
I guess as Dad says: I need to watch out for petting dogs, washing my hair, bending over to open an ice chest, you know, all of those really difficult tasks- they could take this old woman down :)
女性が欲しい指輪
10 years ago
2 comments:
I know you don't want to hear this from an old woman like me, but I can so feel your pain! Unfortunately, these back problems have been happening since I was about your age. It sounds like it would be the perfect excuse to do nothing... but quite the contrary...and it always seems to happen when you've got special plans! Hang in there. Stacey! It will get better!
Back pain is definitely no fun! I am so sorry you missed your "friends" weekend, I know you were looking so forward to that. And Gringos...you had to be feeling bad to pass that up!!! Charlie had a ball with Poppy and the kids at the park and we had lots of fun with the kiddos on Saturday too! Charlie told Ryan as soon as we walked in the door yesterday from WalMart....we saw Nat and Nate!!!! He loves his cousins!
Hope you are feeling 100% soon!
Post a Comment