Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Summer is upon us

Each morning it is becoming more apparent that summer is upon us. We are having more and more trouble waking up and getting out the door by 7:30. Each morning I stay in bed just a few minutes longer and each morning Natalie is dragging just a little slower. The days are getting longer- which means the kids are going to bed a little later. We are all ready for summer! I love this time of year when the weather starts getting a little warmer. I don't like the 100 degree days. But I love the thought of days at the pool, camping trips, lunch at the park, trips to the zoo!
I am so excited about this year. Since I have two days off during the week. I am planning on taking the kids to the pool a bunch! Last year, the kids really started swimming so much better and they learned they love the water slide at Adamson's Lagoon. I love having a glowing tan...so I think we may be spending a lot of time at the pool. I will miss the family weekends that we have had in the past- but Paul will get special "Daddy time" with the kids. We hope to get a camping trip in this year. The kids love the outdoors.
I love summer time! I may be singing a new tune in August when I am tired of the 100 degree weather- but that until then...Yay!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love summertime too! Can't wait for pool days...every year when this time roles around, I wish I was a teacher and had summers OFF! So hard to work when its pretty outside!