Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Need a NAP!!

Since the day I became a Mom, the word nap has been used more than I have probably ever used it in my life. Now don't get me wrong...I have never been one to turn away extra sleep. However, I find myself daily thinking...if I just had 20 minutes to take a nap.
With Natalie, the word nap was always a battle and to this day- she very seldom takes a nap. She rises with the sun and at 8pm - watch out because she hits a wall and crashes quickly!
Nathan has always been my good sleeper. He LOVED to sleep as a baby. He would often tell me- "Momma, I am going to take a nap" and he would go lay down and sleep.

Naps have always been that thing we would go to when the kids were being fussy. Oh, he/she needs a nap. Like that excuses the fact that our child is throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of the store. It is like that universal thing all moms share. The child throws a fit, we say it is nap time and the other mother nods her head. It is that universal language.

I have always thought that as kids get older that I would get more rest. Uh, no! I am exhausted all of the time. Every day starts at 7am taking Natalie to school, I get dressed and take Nathan to school and then off to work. I get off work at 6pm, go to the designated practice, game or dance lesson and then we get home after 7:00. Dinner, baths, homework, dishes, tuck kids in bed....Ahhh I sit! Well, now it's 9pm and time to do it all over again! Wow, I am exhausted just thinking of our schedule.
My kids are the biggest blessing in my life and I would not have it any other way. But...I NEED A NAP!

No comments: