Sunday, March 28, 2010

Natalie's 7th Birthday Party






Well, anyone that knows my personality knows that when I take on a party- just step back and let the craziness begin! By nature, I am a planner. I like to plan everything and be in control of the situation and one step ahead at all times. Well, let's just say this is not how this pre-party preparation went at all!
By the morning of the party- I was exhausted. I found myself up all night the night before fretting about cupcake boxes, of all things! While I knew at the time how silly that was- it is just in my personality to stress! The morning of the party~ I was pulled over by a constable only to reveal that my registration sticker, inspection sticker and Yes...my driver's license were all expired. As he took my driver's license and went back to his car I texted Paul and said: YOUR WIFE IS ABOUT TO BE ARRESTED....
I said a little prayer and hoped that I would not be the mother that is arrested on the day of her Daughter's birthday party. I could hear the rumors already! But the officer was very nice. He commended my driving record and sent me on my way with a $150 ticket.
Well, we spent the rest of the day setting up and preparing for the party. And we picked Natalie up from school, got ready and waited for 15 girls to arrive for her party. Yes, I said 15 girls!
I have to say that my patience was challenged more than a few times that evening. Luckily, I recruited my Mom, Sister-in-Law and grandmother to help me keep the party in control! I think it was managed chaos for the most part.
At the end of the day- after all was said and done and finally sat down for the first time of the day- My first thought was WOW, I survived that.
But the next morning when my daughter thanked me for the best birthday party ever. I knew it was all worth it! However, I did learn a few lessons.
1. Stressing over details like Cupcake holders...is so not worth it
2. How much money I spent and how many details I made sure were perect were not what made the day perfect. The Girls laughing and having fun- that was what made the day great!
3. Stop and take time to enjoy the moment. My little girl only has a 7th birthday party once. I was lucky to be a part of such a special day for such a special person.

1 comment:

2kittymama said...

I thought the party went well. It's been a LOT of years since I've seen that many little girls at a birthday party and had totally forgotten the noise level. But their laughter and giggling was precious beyond words. I was totally unaware of your encounter with the Constable. I'm so glad he was a "nice" guy and hope you have gotten all that taken care of.