Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Natalie is 7 Today!





I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. I had been experiencing high blood pressure - so I was put on bed rest on a Friday. I was suppose to go back to the doctor on Monday have them check my blood pressure and go back home- Natalie was not due for another 6 weeks! Well, I went to the doctor and they took my blood pressure. The nurse didn't say a word and called another nurse over...she took my blood pressure. Still no word. I knew that could not be good. They sat me in a room and layed me on my side. The doctor came in and he took my blood pressure. He sat me up and said. You are going to have a baby today. WHAT????? Panic set in. This is not how I planned it! (Everyone knows I plan everything!) He explained that it is at a point that it is too dangerous for me and the baby. The hospital was right next door. He asked me to go straight to the hospital, they will be waiting for me.
I called Paul who was in Buda working (Because- we were not suppose to be having a baby for 6 more weeks!). I cried and told him it was time and everything was all wrong- it was too soon. I then called my Mom and told her and cried again. She told me- Stacey, not everything goes according to plan. Now that you have a baby coming into the world- lots of things won't go according to plan. It is okay. Just go over to the hospital and meet Paul. It will all be okay- you're going to be a Mommy today! I made a few more calls and then headed to the Hospital. Paul beat me there because I had made so many phone calls.
They checked me in around 10am. Started the pitocin and broke my water and then we played the waiting game. Everyone arrived at the hospiatl and lined the hallway outside my door. It was time! While there is more to this story about Pain medication, panic and the world coming to an end. I will skip to the best part! The doctor came in said it was time to start pushing. A special team of doctors came in for Natalie because she was 6 weeks premature! After about 5 pushes - she was here!
She was the most beautiful baby I ever put my eyes on. She looked just like her daddy to me and I was instantly in love.
At 6 weeks early- she weighed 7lbs and was completely healthy. A little extra wrinkled and brusied on one side because she spent most of her time in my womb on one side. By the way- she has not changed- she never moved when she slept as a baby and now barely tosses or turns at night! But she was the love of my life. Our first born. We have experienced so many special memories with her as our first born baby!
Natalie has amazed us from the day she was born. At 6 weeks premature- she did not need to spend any time in the NICU. She was ready to face the world! She is a beautiful, smart, funny, caring, energetic girl. I am so proud to be her Mom. My children are my best accomplishment in life!
I am thankful everyday that God has blessed me with a beautiful family and great memories!
Happy Birthday to my beautiful 7 year old big girl Today!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Ok, now I am teary eyed too! Happy Birthday, sweet girl. We love you! And Happy seven years of motherhood, my sweet daughter. You are a fantastic Mommy! (oh, and not everything goes as planned, does it?...lol)

2kittymama said...

I remember that day quite well myself and was lso teary eyed...we are all such softies. I was very excited about this....my first great-grandchild....OH MY..how exciting!