Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day Of School



Today was Natalie and Nathan's first day of 3rd and 1st grade. Up to this point every first day of school has been filled with such emotion for me (and them). Natalie's first day of Kinder, then the 'wow- she is already in 1st grade'. This was followed by my baby starting Kinder.
This year has been a new feeling. While I did look at them this morning all dressed in their new outfits and thought- 'wow, they are getting to be so big!' But I was not that scared momma, wondering how will he know how to tackle the lunch line. Or what if he gets lost in the hallway and gets scared. I knew that they would be great. So, I did not have the same emotions. No tears were shed, no butterflies in my tummy. I knew they would have a great day and I was happy for the new relationsships they would make, the education they would gain and the stories they would come home to share with me.
Both were tucked into bed by 8:00. Nate went right to sleep. Natalie stayed up until about 10:00 thinking everything through. She is her momma's child. She was worried about the unknown. Questions of what will we do for the day, who will I eat lunch with, I wonder if we will change classes, etc.. She is my child what can I say?
Nate woke up at 5:30am came in my room and said- It was hard to sleep. I asked why and he said he wanted to go to school already!
So, now a new school year is upon us. I am so excited for Natalie- as she enters into 3rd grade. I am very interested to watch her learn new things and see how she takes on the challenge of testing this year. I am looking forward to watching Nate grow more this year. Last year - it was so fun to watch him blossom socially and watch him as he learned to read and write. I am excited to see their minds grow and blossom this year.
I pray that they both have a great school year. I pray they both make lifelong friendships and I pray that they both grow and learn as much as their little minds can absorb.

1 comment:

Gail said...

First...yay!! you posted a blog...made my night! Second, was so excited to hear they had a great day! I was so happy to hear their voices this afternoon and to hear how happy they both sounded, the confidence they both exuded over a day well done...you are both awesome parents and have shown your little ones the way to the world. Yes, Natalie is her Mother's child, but once thought out carefully, her Momma always comes out on top..and so will she...so will both of them. Love you all.