


It is time for Spring Soccer. Nate had his first game on Saturday. He has been so excited all week. I don't think the soccer ball has left his feet since practice earlier in the week. He has dribbled the ball all over the house and the backyard. He has played soccer at kids klub several days this week and from the minute he walks through the door after school he is asking someone to pass with him.
I love that he loves soccer. It is a sport that I understand. As a mom, I don't worry he will get hurt playing soccer. Just wait until he comes home and asks if he can play football. I will say yes....reluctantly! Paul can't wait for that day! I grew up in a house where the boys played soccer. I did, too...but not for long and not seriously. I enjoyed it. But let's face it- I am not the athletic one in my family! Although, I would like to point out that I could shoot a soccer ball like a superstar. I got a huge award for it and invited to meet Pele- one of the greatest soccer players of all time! Okay- I had my moment to brag. Back to the real Blog!
It is funny that I am so excited about Nate getting serious about soccer. Because when I say the boys played soccer- they did not just play the one game every Saturday. They played serious soccer. Traveling. Tournaments every weekend. I remember thinking that it was the worse thing in the world. They played EVERY weekend. All Weekend long - rain or shine. And the smell in the car after they played in the rain all day- UGH!
I think, as one of my friends mentioned, we had enough soccer growing up watching our brothers for two lifetimes.
But I guess it is just familiar to me. Because I could not imagine him not playing! I may cringe if he gets very serious and decides to play on a club league. I have major flashbacks of that nightmare. But as a mom- we just do what is best for the kids. And group sports are great for kids. So, we would hop in the car and spend our weekends following Nate to tournaments and Natalie would be writing this same blog years from now! LOL
He had a great game this past weekend. He played like a super star. He had a huge cheering section, which made him very happy. He scored 1 goal and came close to scoring another. He has a great team and great coach. The kids all really got in and were competitive. He is finally at the age that the skills are working and they get it. They understand the point of the game! I am so excited to watch them progress this season!
No comments:
Post a Comment